Wednesday, June 10, 2009

State TT Championships







TTing is an art form. One for most of my life I have been completely lacking in. Earlier this year I did the Berkeley Hills Team Time Trial with Charlie Avis and learnt that a good time trial really comes down to enduring more pain than anyone else. So my goal for this race was to come across the line as close to dead as possible.
Before the race I pre-road the course thanks to Craig’s excellent suggestion. There was a strong headwind on the way out, so I knew that I would need to ride as hard as possible on the way out, and just hope I could spin my largest gear on the way back. This turned out to be an ideal pacing strategy as almost everyone said they wished they rode harder on the way out. As for the race, I just rode as hard as I could and in the end, I got second behind Charlie Avis.

No comments: